Thursday, March 10, 2011

My first day of training..

For the 10km fun run.

We did a 5km circuit. We went outside and jogged around town because my PT wanted to get my used to running on different surfaces and setting my own pace, not the pace from the treadmill. It was a walking/jogging circuit, but I am proud to report that I jogged for at least 3-3.5kms. Dont know the "official" amount but according to PT that is what it was. It took an hour and ten minutes. The first interval and I was sweating and puffing like crazy, but its weird, you sort of get yourself into this rhythm and it becomes easier the further you go. My legs were dead and I was getting tired, but I felt like I could push my body more.
After a shower and a nice dinner (small home made pizza and salad for dinner) I am starting to feel quite sore. But sore in a good way :)
Take Care,
Megs x

No comments:

Post a Comment