Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sometimes you just have to get off the lounge.....

What a day. It was long and I was physically and mentally exhausted by the end of it. So much so that I could barely keep my eyes open when I came home. Being home alone these last two weeks has been hard, I have been trying to keep on top of everything and well, somethings are just slipping through the cracks. This included my exercise. When I had more time I was going to the gym almost every day, I was running, I was walking the dogs. I was enjoying being active. But long days meant that I have just been ready to crawl into bed as soon as I walk in the door. And I dont like it.
Well I came home, heavy with fatigue and I cooked dinner and I layed on the lounge for an hour or so and I played around on the computer. But I was restless. I was tired, I AM tired. Exhausted in fact. But I was restless. I took the doggies for a walk this morning, but I wanted to do more. So, while I was wandering around the house thinking of things I should do, I realised - I wanted to go to the gym. And you know what, I did. I could have thought of a million reasons not to go. I could have talked myself out of it quite easily. Actually as I was putting my clothes on, I almost talked myself out of it. But I perserved and I am so glad I did.
I went and did 10mins on the rower, then I did 25mins of upper body weights which included bar lifts, chest presses, rows while balancing on a medicine ball, the plank, and two different types of ab crunches. I then finished it off with 10mins of a good peddle on the bike. I burnt 380calories in 45mins. It was good. I am more tired than when I left, actually I think I will probably go to bed and pass out, but it was what i needed.
It seems really quite simple. When in doubt, exercise. When you feel it, do it. But its not. Life gets in the way, big time. But sometimes you just have to do it for you. Just get off the lounge, push that little bit more and then come home and resume the horizontal position :-)

Take Care,
Megs x

No comments:

Post a Comment