Monday, August 15, 2011

If you're going to do it... then why not do it for someone?

I am an incredibly lucky person. I have had so much encouragement since I started my weight loss journey. I have had lovely messages sent to my with people sharing how much I have inspired them. I have had people sharing their own wonderful stories with me and what they overcame to reach their goals. I have had people believe enough in me to donate their hard earned money towards my goals. There will never be enough words in the world to thank everyone who has every said a kind word along this road I am walking (or running ;-) ) Rest assured though, every day I think of all of you. Every day.

So this morning was day one. Day one post meighans crazy idea. I didnt get to sleep till late last night, I was high on adrenalin ;-P So when my alarm went off at 6am this morning I hit the snooze button, and thought, it cant be that time ALREADY? Well it was, and this morning my goal was to hit the gym and do a leg weight session. It was good, I did squats, I went up from 20kgs to 50kgs and then I did dead lifts at 30kgs. I then did some leg presses and finished it off with sprinting on the bike. It felt good, although I am absolutely knackered now and could probably sleep for a week.

Tomorrow morning I plan on doing a tempo run, with the goal to start working on speed. Sundays I have reserved to work on distance. On wednesday I have another PT session early in the morning and thursday I will probably try an early morning run. Friday is my off day as I get up at 4am to get to work on time, so no real time there.

For now, I can hear the bed calling. My mind is still reeling at what I have signed up for. OH but before I forget, I posted on Dean Karnazes FB wall about my goal and he WROTE BACK. I am in heaven. I *may* have printed it out and its going on the wall under my sign. I even rang S and told him :-D

Take Care,
Megs x

No comments:

Post a Comment