Saturday, May 14, 2011

Morning, morning!

I got up at 7am on this beautiful Sunday morning and hit the pavement! Was a great morning for a jog, there was a breeze and now its getting cooler I was able to jog without feeling overwhelmed by the heat.

This morning I went 4.7kms in 40 minutes. I am so stoked. I decided to take a different route this morning and was happy when I stopped at my front door to realise how far I had jogged. I always find the first km to be the toughest and at around the 200/400m mark I wanted to stop, I thought nah I am not doing this, this morning. But instead I gave myself a mental head slap and a bit of a grunt and kept going. During the last km I knew I was starting to get a little tired, but I knew I just had to keep going! I could smell home and I was determined to make it to my front door - I dropped my pace a little to help get me through it and by george I was happy to see our car and then our house in the distance :-) But it was more a happiness that I had gotten so far! My av. pace was 9min a km, which is okay!

I have decided that I am defintely going to do the Townsville 5km fun run, and then hopefully I am still going to be able to do the central coast 10k run in November. The 5k run is in 12 weeks exactly, so time to start working on improving my pace and just get to that magic 5km mark, which I now know is so very possible.

I also wanted to share with you all a current photo which I am very proud of!


It was taken last night before I went out to dinner. Am very happy to see I have quite a cute little waist happening now LOL.

Take Care,
Megs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment