Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cravings.

One issue with falling off the bandwagon is that when you try and jump back on it, you get the cravings from the wrong side of life. My biggest craving has been chips, hot chips, specifically from hungry jacks. I love their veggie burger and chips. Yesterday I had a really massive day at work, it was great but just very tiring. I am learning new things and it has really wiped me out. I knew I had today off so I came home and had a nap. During the day I had eaten some naughty stuff as there was a party and I allowed myself a treat. I wasnt really hungry so S and I decided to have a cook your own night. I spent about 1/2 an hour after waking up debating if I wouldnt bother and just go and have hungry jacks for dinner. I had a treat (or several, damm rocky road slice) that day and I was craving the sugar, I KNEW I was craving the sugar. The problem with giving into your cravings is that as soon as you have finished, the feeling of remorse smacks you up the side of your head and you wish x 1000 that you had just chose the healthier option. Finally I got up off the computer and stood in front of the fridge. I had all the healthy options I needed in there and with a sigh I ended up making myself a roll, multigrain, avocado, light cheese, egg and mustard and I had a small packet of Sakata's as dessert. I immediately felt like I have conquered the insurmountable, so because I was refreshed after a nap and because I knew I was headed in the right direction I went to the gym. I didnt get there till 8.30pm, but thankfully my gym is a 24hr one and I was able to spend as much time as I liked. I warmed up on the rower, 5 mins and then did a lovely 5k jog. So much for my plan to take the running easier, I was just so happy to be running along that I kept going and going. This morning my ITB is sore, but so very worth it. I finished off with a 5min cycle on the bike and I was done :) Happy times. This is the Meighan I have come to know!

Take care,
Megs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment